“Utility” features your choice of two often-requested but rarely-available body pages: Engineer Graph or Ledger. Engineer Graph features an 1/8-inch grid with bolder lines each half-inch. It awaits your schematics, assembly drawings, geometry homework, or dungeon maps. The Ledger version, of course, is ultra-handy for mileage logs, parts lists, to-do lists, or any sort of handwritten accounting.
People often ask, “Where do your ideas come from?” In this case, it started with the cover paper. Mohawk’s beautiful vibrant Via Vellum 80# “Safety Yellow” cover jumped right out of the sample book like a DOT warning sign. It also brought to mind the yellow tape of a tape measure.
Inside, you’ll find “Pure White” Mohawk Via Vellum 70# text stock. It’s ruled in an unobtrusive “Get-It-Done Gray,” with the aforementioned ledger lines or engineer grid. This vellum stock is heavy, toothy and can’t wait to meet your favorite pen or pencil. Three tough black staples hold the books together, and the outside corners are rounded to a 3/8" radius.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Mohawk Via Vellum 80#C “Safety Yellow,” with a brute force 2-color application of “Contractor Black” and “Overtime Red” soy-based Saphira inks.
- 03. Innards: Mohawk Via Vellum 70#T “Pure White“ with a fine, 1-color application of “Get-It-Done Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Engineer graph grid: 1/8"× 1/8" (3.18mm × 3.18mm). Ledger lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPCs: Graph FNC-34a: 858493003486, Ledger FNC-34b 858493003493
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.