There’s more than meets the eye to this new limited edition. Appearances can be deceiving, but let’s start there anyway. This release has a sleek, mysterious feel, fitting for an edition all about secret codes and ciphers. The covers are made from Mohawk’s Via Antique Vellum in a surreptitious “Urban Gray.” The fronts feature black metallic Crown foil laid atop an enigmatic, dark matte surface. This is the “Clandestine” Edition.
Inside the books, you’ll find 60# Finch Opaque White with light gray dot-graph, perfect for reconnaissance diagrams or snippets of secret code. The last page of each book features a three-part history of codes and ciphers with many examples and anecdotes. There’s also handy cross-reference matrix of various codes on the back covers, because you never know when you’ll need to crack something.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Mohawk Via Antique Vellum 80#C “Urban Gray,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink and Kodak NexPress Red UV-Fluorescing Dry Ink.
- 03. Stamped with Crown Foil #991 by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- 04. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Langley Fog Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
- 05. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" press.
- 06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- 07. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 08. Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 09. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 12. FNC-41 UPC: 858493003752
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.