The covers are heavily debossed all over, with three original graphic patterns based on flowers that are among the very first to appear in the North American Spring each year: the Ghost Flower (Mohavea confertiflora) in the Southwest, Quaker Ladies (Houstonia caerulea) in the East, and Contra Costa Goldfields (Lasthenia conjugens) in the San Francisco Bay area. Then the covers were hot-stamped with three reflective Kurz Luxor Foils.
The dot-graph insides are made from Strathmore’s Cambric 70# text, a truly superb paper. The subtle, linen-like texture gives it a ton of character and we think writers and artists are really going to love it.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Active Graphic, Cicero, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Mohawk Via Vellum 80#C “Yellow,” debossed and hot-stamped with Kurz Luxor 361 foil on a Bobst SP102 BMA Foilmaster by LPI, New Berlin, Wisc.
- 03. Innards: Strathmore Cambric 70#T “Ultimate White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Yellow Crocus” soy-based Saphira ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer and Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM round-corner machine at Phoenix Binding, Itasca, Ill.
- 07. Dot Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPC: 850032279116
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.