The Shenandoah edition features three green French cover stocks that match the leaf color of three trees found at Shenandoah National Park: the Sweet Birch, the Chestnut Oak, and the Red Maple. Our new friends at Platinum Converting in Itasca, Ill. fused each of the green papers to a contrasting French text-weight paper that matches the tree’s fall foliage.
These extra-sturdy duplexed covers have a classic, beefy feel to them, reminiscent of early Quarterly Editions like Mackinaw Autumn and Just Below Zero. Beefier, actually, since we’ve upgraded our body paper to 60#T Finch Opaque “Bright White,” with a 3/16" graph. Each features an illustration of a leaf on the back with some facts about the tree. The belly band is real birch veneer, just because it looked so darn good with all that green.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Covers: French Paper Co. “Jellybean Green,” “Gumdrop Green,” and “Factory Green,” 100#C duplex-mounted to “Safety Orange,” “Lemon Drop,” and “Electric Red” 70#T by Platinum Converting, Itasca, Ill. with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Shenandoah Salamander” brown soy-based Saphira ink.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Appalachian Moss” light green soy-based Saphira ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40"6-color press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a ⅜" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPC: 858493003349
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.