Whether you’re starting at the Canadian border and thru-hiking the 3100-mile Continental Divide Trail, trekking from Glacier National Park in Montana to the Big Hatchet Mountains of New Mexico, or just taking an evening stroll through a local park, we hope you will find this edition a useful companion.
Sturdy forest-green linen covers with an application of orange Crown Foil surround 48 Ruled “vanilla” pages, and they’re bound together with orange staples. Each of the books features one of America’s “Big Three” trails: The Pacific Crest, Continental Divide, and the mighty Appalachian. In addition, a flyleaf is filled with facts, tips, and a “General Guide to Life on the Trail.”
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Lake County Press, Inc., Waukegan, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Neenah Royal Sundance Linen 80#C “Emerald Green,” with thick, brute-force applications of “Opaque White” soy-based Toyo UV ink and Crown 81285 matte foil.
- 03. Flysheet: Neenah Environment 70#T “Grocer Kraft” with a fine application of “Opaque White” and “Forest Green” soy-based Toyo inks.
- 04. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Vanilla,” with a fine application of “Blaze Orange” and “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Toyo inks.
- 05. Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color UV printing press.
- 06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer and Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- 07. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 08. Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- 09. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 12. UPC: 850032279000
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.